[aprssig] Use of XXX devices for APRS

Pentti Gronlund pentti.gronlund at tut.fi
Wed May 4 14:44:43 EDT 2011

Georg Lukas writes:

> This is indeed an important issue. I would like to see i-Gates
> automatically back-gate (IS->RF) position reports for their approximate
> neighborhood within certain bounds:
>
>  * use a circular value corresponding to the approximate antenna range
>    (this is not too hard to implement in software)
>
>  * apply restrictive rate-limiting
>
>  * use a cautious path setting (WIDE1-1?)
>
>  * do not have several i-gates back-gate packets for an overlapping
>    area, as this leads to duplicates on RF.

This is how we do it with aprx:

<source>                # Adding APRSIS source makes this tx-igate
     source        APRSIS
     relay-type     3rd-party  # Must define this for APRSIS source!
     viscous-delay  5    # Recommendation: 5 seconds delay to give
#                        # RF delivery time make itself known.
     ratelimit      30   # default: max 120 packets/minute
#     via-path TRACE1-1    # default: none
     filter         t/m  # Tx-IGate only messages sent to me by APRSIS
     filter         a/62.4/22.6/61/25
</source>

We have plenty of APRS over GPRS traffic here as this happens to be
one of the Nokia development centers :)

73 de Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!