[aprssig] APRS Mapping with Weather Radar Overlay?

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 28 17:47:32 EDT 2011

Spotter Network members can enter their callsign and SSID and that
information can then be overlaid in the GR Level 3 weather radar software.
Spotter Network monitors the APRS IP stream and parses the data for member
callsigns. It updates as quickly as one minute. A simple configuration into
GRLevelX tells it where to get the data to overlay on the radar map.

VERY slick AND it doesn't require APRS on the monitoring end...

73 de Jim, KU0G