[aprssig] APRS Messenger Lite now works with the AX25-SCS DSP TNC program

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Fri Mar 25 19:50:02 EDT 2011

The latest version of APRS Messenger Lite v1.02 can now be used with the
AX25-SCS DSP program written by Frank Perkins, WB5IPM.

This allows it to be probably the simplest way to get a receive Igate
working, ideal for new starters to APRS and another tool in the toolbox
for the experts. No complicated set ups, just download two programs,
feed receiver audio to your default sound card mic or line input, start
both programs and follow the simple instructions in the Help file.

My best time for getting the Igate working from scratch is 30 seconds
and that includes both programs booting up and typing in my callsign and
passcode! See if you can beat me!

One feature is that the program can be fed with two separate receivers
say terrestrial APRS and the ISS channel or VHF and HF APRS channels
with one feed via the DSP TNC program and the other feed by a hardware
TNC2 TNC.

Download links to APRS Messenger Lite, AX25-SCS and the Help text file
are on the web page:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger_lite.htm

73,

Chris, G4HYG