[aprssig] [ui-view] APRS Radiation sensor

Bernard Van Haecke bernard.vanhaecke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:06:52 EDT 2011

Hi

Not sure the OH3NWQ station is reporting real values and in what unit.  It
seems to be off by a factor of 1000x.

KI6TSF-8 started reporting in the X123 format in nS/hr.

Note: the APRS spec should be corrected to use nS/hr instead of nS.  nS is a
unit of _accumulated_ dose,
not dose rate.  It's like reporting wind speed in meters instead of
m/s.  Counters do report levels in dose rate
i.e. unit/hr  (extrapolated to the hour, usually, using much smaller
sampling windows).

The mistake of reporting numbers in Sieverts instead of Sieverts/hr (or
minute, etc...) can be heard in the
press over and over again.

Bernard KI6TSF