[aprssig] Area Objects

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:33:01 EDT 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> As many of you know, APRSISCE/32 is striving to cover all of the basic specs
> of aprs101.pdf and some addenda.  I've recently been working on DF and DFS
> objects and am now attempting to address the parsing and presentation of area
> objects (Chapter 11).
>
> I've read the Area Object Notes at http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/areaobjects.txt
>
> Does anyone out there have any sample packets for actual area objects along
> with screen shots that show what they're supposed to actually draw?  I can
> always craft my own, but that's like asking the kid to watch the candy store.
>
> If you have actual APRS packets showing valid Area Objects, I'd appreciate
> any that you can send me.  You can e-mail them privately to KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
> rather than filling the list with samples.

Yea, I have some files somewhere.  N7tap and myself were discussing this with wb4apr some time back and learned a bit about them while implementing them in Xastir.  I'll have to dig around to find the examples and if I can't find corresponding images to show them I'll have to create some.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS:  Where it's at!        http://www.xastir.org