[aprssig] aprs.fi embedded and IE9

Eric Lorenz K9LGE k9lge at emlorenz.com
Tue Mar 22 22:37:18 EDT 2011

Perhaps let's not be so quick to blame that on Firefox? The reason it
doesn't work on half the company sites you deal with is because those
companies have chosen to take a short-sighted approach to their web
development and code their sites solely for IE- partially due to the
fact that M$ decided to essentially create their 'own' version of HTML
instead of using standard HTML. This makes it a lot harder for devs to
code a site for multiple browsers. Part of it is just laziness on the
devs. part. I'm getting tired of M$ thinking they can dictate web standards.

I have found Firefox to be a great browser. It is a lot safer and
efficent then M$ in my experience. It is pretty much what I use. Unless
I need the site for some reason, if they have chosen to tie their site
so tightly to IE that it won't render properly in other browsers (like
Firefox)..I'm gone. Their loss.

Just my .0755 (adjusted for inflation)

Eric K9LGE

--