[aprssig] ISS internet feed

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Mar 20 11:26:55 EDT 2011

So please correct me if I am wrong

+ The same packet is cut down by a sliding window so only one copy exists.
+ A different packet will be let through because it is not the same.
+ The APRS-IS does not look at any timestamps ?

Or does a time stamp simply make a packet "different"

How does the APRS-IS server build a list of packets to check against ? RAM
or database ?

- Andrew -