[aprssig] IRLP NODE AS OBJECT ON APRS

Julian, G4ILO julian.g4ilo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:18:44 EDT 2011

What you are doing may be OK for IRLP, but many Echolink nodes run on
people's shack computers and are not up all the time. Additionally,
some people use Echolink for private purposes such as remote control
of a radio and may not want the details published by a third party. I
agree it's better for the operator of the node to run their own
script. If you are going to create an APRS object on their behalf you
ought to ask their permission beforehand.

Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com