[aprssig] KPC3+ induced errors

Larry Cerney lcerney at viawest.net
Tue Mar 15 23:43:51 EDT 2011

I was just looking at the Kenwood D710 manual and noticed something in the
APRS section (11) on page 11 and 12 referring to a Decay Algorithm which
states:

"When My station position changes, the data is transmitted using an interval
time based on the set Initial Interval or Proportional Pathing.  When the
position data does not change, the data is transmitted based on a Decay
Algorithm (1 minute, 2 minutes, 4 minutes,8 minutes, 16 minutes, 32 minutes,
32 minutes, 32 minutes, etc.)"

Now I'm assuming this is referencing the local station's position and the
station beaconing via RF.  But could this possibly effect what the station
hears and passes through to UI-View and on to the APRS servers?  Somehow
buffering heard stations until the Decay Algorithm kicks in?

I'm not familiar with Kenwood products, so someone feel free to tell me I'm
wrong.

Larry K0ANI