[aprssig] ISONLY

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Mar 15 20:08:24 EDT 2011

I think the suggestion is for RF stations to put ISONLY in their path to
prevent RF propagation (digipeating) by theoretically intelligent
stations that "know" that the packet has been delivered to APRS-IS.

However, IMHO APRS is about Local knowledge and propagation and the
APRS-IS is simply a nice way to provide global glimpses into that local
information.  And this from the author of what started out as an
APRS-IS-only client application....