[aprssig] APRS USE IN EMERGENCIES

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:24:32 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Arnie Shore <shoreas at gmail.com> wrote:

> All, I wonder whether you've given consideration to using Tickets, our free
> Open Source CAD package, in preparing for such situations.  It's been
> deployed by a good number of ARES/RACES teams, particularly for use in
> coordinating special events, and more than one team has kicked it into gear
> when they were activated.

Arnie,

I failed to mention it earlier, but one of my sources of information for
APRS was Med Units dispatched via a Tickets server set up for the Detroit
Free Press Marathon. Although Tickets was available to the voice net control
operators, I do not believe they interacted with it as much as I did. We are
(slowly) melting the two together and refining the system. But, yes, Tickets
can be a good supplement to the APRS operations.

Randy
WF5X