[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 12:58:45 EST 2011

On 3/8/2011 4:29 AM, Randy Love wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh at rac.ca
> <mailto:ve7gdh at rac.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Wes AI4PX wrote...
>

>         KPC3 KISS delay problem... if you cycle the power rather than pop it in
>         and out of kiss mode, does that reset it as well?
>

>     I don't know. I would assume so, but I have always exited KISS mode and
>     then re-entered it. Anyone else?
>

> I would think so too. To me, the issue with the KPC3+'s holding packets seems
> to be some sort of buffer shift over time, or maybe a circular list that gets
> its offset decremented when it exceeds the number of individual elements in
> its array. Resetting the power should flush the buffers/memory and put
> everything back like it was. This is mostly speculation on my part. But we do
> have a KPC3+ running at our EOC that is accessed via AGWPE, and we have that
> XP machine set to restart every morning at 3:35AM. It seems to not exhibit
> the problem once we added the restart of the machine to the scheduled tasks.
>
> Randy
> WF5X

KPC-3+  delayed packet problem was painfully evident during today's K6RPT-8
high-altitude balloon launch.  Almost immediately after launch from San Jose,
CA, the balloon started "hyperjumping", abruptly changing directions and doing
a fore-and-aft cha-cha-cha track.

The balloon added  another dimension (literally) to this issue.  During the
rapid descent after reaching over 127,000 feet and burst,  it was hyper-jumping
vertically between 100,000 feet and 9,000 feet repeatedly !

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

=====  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping =====