[aprssig] New USB version of CCW APRS TNC Digi Tracker

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Thu Mar 10 15:44:16 EST 2011

We have now built up enough stock to finally release the new USB version
of our APRS TNC Digi Tracker.

It now has a USB port so that it can work with modern laptops, notebooks
and PCs.

It can be powered by either the 12V input on the 9 way D type radio port
or by the 5V feed through the USB port. This makes it very easy to use
with a notebook and handheld. The Digi Tracker is powered through the
USB cable and the Tx, Rx audio and PTT lines are connected to the
handheld radio.

It comes with a built in Sirf III GPS receiver with a SMA connector for
an external GPS antenna.

I've been using the prototype in my car over the last six months as a
tracker. It's fun to have the option to plug a USB cable between the
Digi Tracker and notebook for lunchtime portable APRS operation.

I've updated the web page with more details and an Operating Manual of
the USB version:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_tnc.htm

I've also made a new web page for the APRS Messenger Lite freeware
program that can program the new version using any PC Comm port up to
Comm 255 and also run as a receive only igate as well. The new web page is:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger_lite.htm

73,

Chris, G4HYG

--