[aprssig] FTM-350 cables

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 12:08:40 EST 2011

On 3/10/2011 8:48 AM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
> At 09:56 AM 3/10/2011, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
>> you mean like this one:
>> http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=pnp
>
> That device has no on-board USB audio device or "sound card". It's still
> dependent on the sound card in your computer.
>
> Devices such as the Tigertronics Signalink USB have a built-in USB audio device.
>
> Bob...

Especially ironic, considering that the Signalink costs $20 LESS than the West
Mountain device!

I've been making a homebrew equivalent of the Signalink using the tone-keyed
interface shown here on my website:

<http://wa8lmf.net/ham/tonekeyer.htm>

mated to a Griffin Electronics "iMic" external USB sound system described here
on my website:

<http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF