[aprssig] FTM-350 cables

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 20:45:01 EST 2011

On 3/9/2011 4:37 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know how long the Yaesu CT-140, CT-141, and CT-142 cables are?
> I've had a lot of requests for more affordable substitutes for those ($40 for
> a mini-DIN to DB9?!?) and I've got an order going out to our cable contractor
> this week, so I figured I'd throw those in there if I have time.
>
> I'll also be ordering some 8-pin mini-DIN pigtails to build GTRANSs and to
> sell a la carte.  If anyone has other requests, let me know.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

How about a 6-pin mini-DIN to three or four 3.5mm stereo miniplugs?      This
would allow an instant "soundcard interface" by connecting the TX and RX audio
lines of the mini-din DATA/PACKET jack on many radios to corresponding LINE-IN
and LINE-OUT jacks on a computer sound card  The other one would carry RX
SQ/COR and PTT on tip and ring for interfacing with more advanced sound card
projects.

Or perhaps the two audio liness could be be stereo miniplugs with the tip and
ring shorted together (so audio goes into both channels of a sound system),
while the PTT and COR lines are two single-contact RCA plugs.

(I've been assembling this by splicing min-DIN patch cables to 3.5mm plugs
myself for numerous sound card assemblies.)

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

=====  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping =====