[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 07:29:53 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh at rac.ca> wrote:

> Wes AI4PX wrote...
>

>  KPC3 KISS delay problem... if you cycle the power rather than pop it in
>> and out of kiss mode, does that reset it as well?
>>

> I don't know. I would assume so, but I have always exited KISS mode and
> then re-entered it. Anyone else?

I would think so too. To me, the issue with the KPC3+'s holding packets
seems to be some sort of buffer shift over time, or maybe a circular list
that gets its offset decremented when it exceeds the number of individual
elements in its array. Resetting the power should flush the buffers/memory
and put everything back like it was. This is mostly speculation on my part.
But we do have a KPC3+ running at our EOC that is accessed via AGWPE, and we
have that XP machine set to restart every morning at 3:35AM. It seems to not
exhibit the problem once we added the restart of the machine to the
scheduled tasks.

Randy
WF5X