[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

Reuben Wells row at hopgarden.net
Mon Mar 7 19:21:35 EST 2011

I'm running APRX 2.0 under OpenWrt on a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND which was about £40 (so probably the same in dollars state side). This device has a USB port, wifi and plenty of memory (see http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd?s%5B%5D=tl&s%5B%5D=wr1043nd). I started out with an Ominima board (http://www.omnima.co.uk/store/catalog/Embedded-controller-p-16140.html) which was cheaper (£23), but lacked wireless (and I had some trouble getting a USB stick to work) and it required building OpenWrt from source. The TP-Link TL-WR1043ND just worked with the OpenWrt binary downloads, including wifi suppport.

Reuben / M0RXW