[aprssig] APRS BEACON MTG INFO

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:15:23 EST 2011

On Monday, March 07, 2011 16:57:26 Pentti Gronlund wrote:
> Rory Burke writes:
> > On 3/7/11 2:22 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> > > Yes, Kenwood requires the FFF.FFFxx format for objects and does not
> > > recognize FFF.FFxxx.  I have fed this back to them, and hope it will be
> > > changed in a new version eventually...
> >
> > So if they are listening to you, is there any chance they might fix the
> > crippled High Speed parameter in SmartBeaconing as well?
>
> And the display not recognizing 3rd-party WX packets?
>
> Benjamin OH3BK

I think there's a lot of 3rd party packet types the Kenwood decoders fall down
on.  In their defense, writing packet parsers is hard, especially in a low
level language.  In my defense, I've spent about $2000 on Kenwood APRS radios
over the years, so I'd REALLY like my money's worth.  Please.
I'm working off-list to funnel our concerns to the correct people.  I think
WB4APR has a better conduit, but a dual pronged attack can't hurt.

John Gorkos
AB0OO