[aprssig] Argent systems gps

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 20:46:36 EST 2011

On 3/4/2011 5:38 PM, Andrew Rich wrote:
> Hello I have the argent systems unitraq  gps the small one with the leads gpw
>
> Is there any software to talk to these units ?
>
> Serial ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Andrew Rich

It's a normal NMEA device.   As soon as you power it up, it should just start
spewing out NMEA data automatically once a second.

Just monitor it's output with any ASCII terminal app like HyperTerm or
Procomm,   or download and use the very useful GPS monitoring freeware
Visual GPS

<http://visualgps.net/VisualGPS/default.htmt>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF