[aprssig] Golden Packet Event coming up!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 28 16:46:46 EDT 2011

For those portable APRS folks that did not get their full outdoors
satrisfaction on Field Day, do not forget the APRS "Field Day" on Sunday 24
July from Mountain Tops along the Appalachain trail from Alabama to Maine
and along the Pacific Crest Trail from San Diego to Seattle!

This is a 4 hour event with the goal of terrestrially digipeating APRS
packet messages over thousands of miles via a number of IDEALLY located
portable digipeater stations (Think D700's)
Carried to the tops of these strategic mountains.  We can do the East Coast
in 14 hops and think the west coast can be done in much less with their
higher mountains.  Also there is an opportunity for a Continental Divide
Trail attempt if anyone wants to get that started...

This will be our 3rd attempt along the Appalachians and 1st attempt along
the Pacific Crest Trail.

Please see the web page:
www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

There are links to a web page for EVERY peak to help organize the assault
parties.  Lots of un-filled slots, especially out west.

Bob, Wb4APR