[aprssig] FD ANSRVR Group

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jun 24 20:08:10 EDT 2011

In keeping with the use of APRS as more than just a tracking system, I'm
suggesting an ANSRVR group called FD to be used for sending greetings
and such between operators at various Field Day events this weekend.

To send a message to the FD group, simply compose an APRS message to
ANSRVR with the initial content being CQ FD <text here>.  This will also
join you to the group to receive other messages for the next 12 hours.
For instance, if I send "CQ FD Operating in Florida" to ANSRVR, "N:FD
Operating in Florida" will be sent to all people that are subscribed to
the group (have sent CQ FD to ANSRVR in the past 12 hours).

I'll be monitoring the group at least tomorrow from noonish to 9:00pm
Eastern time and hopefully Sunday after church and am looking forward to
"hearing" some chatter.

PS.  For those that haven't heard of ANSRVR, it works like CQSRVR with
fewer restrictions.  For those that haven't heard of CQSRVR, check out
http://www.aprs-is.net/CQSrvr.aspx