[aprssig] APRS Object format

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jun 22 17:29:14 EDT 2011

> do I have it right?

NO

> Our coords are 41.864495/-88.428977

That's in degrees.  The APRS format is DDMM.mmN/DDDMM.mmW in degrees and
minuntes.

;FD-FRRL  *111111z4186.44N/-88428.97W;147.210MHz W9NE-8A

> 1)I am assuming that I need to set MYCALL to be ID-legal
> ...do I set that to my callsign, or the club's?

Either one.

> 2) Do/can I put anything in BTEXT?

No, not if you are going to use the LTEXT.  The combination of the 4 LTexts
and the BTEXT gives a KPC-3 the abilty to keep 5 objects on the air.  Please
see www.aprs.org/localinfo.html

But again, except at FD, we do not want long term objects originated by
anything other than the local DIGI where it can do them DIRECT (no hops) and
once every 10 minutes, because only the digi can tell when the cahnnel is
treuly clear.

Bob, WB4APR

Thanks,
Eric K9LGE