[aprssig] Error checking within APRS packets

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jun 21 14:39:48 EDT 2011

I sent a series of APRS messages to KG4NVN-13 about corrupted
packets. They were all ACKd, but I didn't get any reply. Is there
anyone local that could try and get in touch with Philip to alert him
to the situation?

www.qrz.com/db/KG4NVN

Actually, Phillip's email address is listed there. I BCCd this message
to him. Phillip - is there any chance that you have PASSALL enabled
in your TNC. For that matter, are you using a hardware TNC? Take a
look at the following URL for examples of corrupted callsigns... e.g.
0A4BNI-3 instead of  KA4BNI-3. This is a good example because
you heard it direct and not through a digi.

www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/digiusers-KG4NVN-13
http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=0A4BNI-3&limit=25

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH