[aprssig] new IGate software

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Wed Jun 15 16:59:26 EDT 2011

Quoting Dave <dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk>:

> Beware the infamous D7 data buffer problems.  If you get seemingly weired
> lockups where the TNC in the radio just stops responding, or stops
> decodning packets, you need to power cycle the radio.  It's much worse on
> a busy chanel, if the RF chanel is quiet, they can run for days.  If
> busy, it's an achievement if they last an hour.

Are we sure that it's a buffer problem?

I reported a fix for the winlink people as they didn't know that TC is
a command for all the Kenwood APRS radios. So when you where connected
and received the status from winlink it's sending i.e QTC 0   QTC 1
etc the radio "locked"

TC 0 and TC 1 is enabling/disabling the TNC. They have made a
workaround for this.

Anyhow testing is a good thing to do before relaying 99.9% on a system.

Kai Günter
LA3QMA