[aprssig] Shack backup power

Robert Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Thu Jun 9 11:49:30 EDT 2011

Actually, it does rise North of East. I got that surprise when I was first
in the Navy and put an alidade on the setting sun at sea - it was about 285
degrees!
For proof, see:  http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/mrst.php
In Severna Park, Maryland the sun rose at 0540 EST on a bearing of 059.

Cheers, and remember, a sailboat CAN'T sail upwind, right?  :=)

Bob Kirk, N3OZB
S/V Isobar