[aprssig] CFL Bulbs and Shack backup power ;-)

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 11:16:35 EDT 2011

Then your proven and compliant design goes off to China for "production
engineering", then made in the cheapest way posible, like with no EMI
filters.  It happens!  There are many PC PSU's in the UK (and other
consumer electrical crud) bought in good faith from well known retailers,
that nave no EMI filters in them.  The traces are there, but the "Filter"
is two wire links.

Yet they all carry the appropriat CE, TUV, FCC compliance marks etc.

Commercial EMC testing (Emmissions) is purely to protect the broadcast
services.  If your product comes in well under those limits, well done
indeed.  But will the retail version when it's built overseas in bulk?

Who checks the imported products?   No one!

And as for PLT, sheesh...

Take care.

Dave G0WBX