[aprssig] has anyone built/modified a USB to TTL level converter??

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jun 4 01:50:33 EDT 2011

On 6/2/2011 9:45 AM, John Hansen wrote:
> That uses the Silicon Labs chip rather than the FTDI chip.  I know there are
> some people who swear by these, but I've had some trouble with the Silicon
> Labs drivers.
>
> John W2FS

The Sliicon Labs chip is the one used for the USB interface on the Kenwood
TH-D72  handheld.   The radio is actually serial internally like the previous
TH-D7, but converted to USB before it leaves the case.   (Rather than  being
converted from serial to USB by an external serial<-->USB  cable  dongle.)