[aprssig] Shack backup power

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:45:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> Economical solar runs 99.9% of the time

Just how long does the sun stay up where you live?

Anyway, I wasn't thinking of using it for a "true emergency"
installation, more of an augmentation that would allow non-emergency
solar use. Something along these lines:

- I need batteries for emergency backup.

- Since I need batteries, I may as well charge them with solar power.

- If I've got them running on solar power, I may as well power the rig
that way all the time.

- Now that I've got the radio, can I move the rig computer to solar/battery?

- etc.

-Jason
kg4wsv