[aprssig] Golden Packet Trail Event

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jun 1 15:16:23 EDT 2011

Take your APRS on a hike!

Its time to start planning for the 24 July cross-country APRS Golden Packet
event.  See:
http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

This is our own APRS "Field Day" where we take to the mountain tops to see
if we can relay ON RF as far across the USA as possible.

This will be our third try along the Appalachian Trail from Alabama to Maine
(14 hops).  It can also be a great fun challenge for the Pacific Coast Trail
or the Continental Divide trail or any other of the 50,000 miles of long
linear trails in the USA.

If interested, start on the above web page, then follow the links to each
mountain site and get in contact with the coordinator for that mountain.  If
there is none, then volunteer!

Generally we want the portable digi sites to use D700's or D710's for
consistent performance.

Bob, Wb4APR