[aprssig] West Texas APRS hiker

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 18 22:39:08 EDT 2011

Can someone identify the best wilderness Voice Repeaters for an APRS hiker in two areas.

1) Big Bend National Park
2) Davis Mountains near Ft. Davis

Thanks.  Watch for them next week using WE4APR.

If I had any confidence that APRS digipeaters in the area were properly configured to put out this LOCALINFO, then I wouldnt have to ask this.  It would be automatic as soon as he turned on his radio....

But alas, I find that MOST APRS digipeaters were put up years ago and forgotten and not updated to the 2004 New-N paradigm and the LOCAL REPEATER FREQUENCY OBJECTS initiative.

See http://aprs.org/localinfo.html

Bob, WB4APR