[aprssig] [at-golden-packet] High Point, NJ

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 18 16:30:55 EDT 2011

Need someone in North NJ for the Golden Packet Event Sunday.

Need someone to drive up there for a few hours around 2 PM for the big APRS
golden Packet Event!
See http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html
Subject: [at-golden-packet] High Point, NJ

WoW!  Zoom into High Point with Google earth and as the monument on the peak
begins to come into view, a "bubble appears"  Zoom into the bubble and Boom,
you are there!  You can move your cursor and look all around, up and down
with the clarity of standing there!  You can see recognize the lady about
30' away.

Amazing what google has done.  If you have not downloaded google-earth, you
are really missing something of great value to the radio ham looking for
high sites!  Shack potatoes can even go there without leaving their shacks!

Coordinates are 41 19.25N and 47 39.71W at 1809'

I was going to send my son, until I realized its an 8 hour round trip...
PLUS the 4 hour round trip just to get to our station in PA, and then add
the 4 hours operating time, and we just cannot do it..

Bob, WB4APR