[aprssig] status text on kenwood aprs-capable radios

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jul 17 17:54:24 EDT 2011

I don’t follow.

In the D710 and D72 and FTM-350, the frequency that you have selected on the
VOICE band is automatically inserted into your status text.  This way,
others on APRS can instantly see what frequency you are on by looking at
your status text which is automatically updated.

The only caveat is that in the D710, only STATUS 5 will do this.  SO status
5 is the only one I ever use!

Bob, WB4APR