[aprssig] 24 July (Sunday) Golden Packet help needed!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 15 23:18:10 EDT 2011

We still have gaps in the East coast 1200 mile packet test on 24 July
(Sunday).
See http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

NEW YORK:  Dire need of someone to help manup or loan a D700 or other APRS
portable digipeater for operation from Sam's Point state park (about 50
miles N of NYC).

From: Roger, NJ2R
> I'm going to make a run to Sam's Pont tomorrow
> to check it out.  The problem however is I do not have a
> packet radio though I am trying to borrow on as well as an
> omni that I can pack in though the "hike" doesn't look very difficult.

ATLANTA and ALABAMA:

There is still no team at the start of the Apppalachian Trail on Springer
Mountain in Georgia, nor have we heard from any teams in Huntsville ALA, nor
Lookout Mountain Tennessee.

And new England is weak:
Station 11 - Mount Greylock, MA - Tentative Volunteer
Station 12 - Mid New Hempshire... - ?
Station 13 - Mount Washington, NH - ?
Station 14 - Maine Relay, ME - ?

Even if you cannot help, can you think of local EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LISTS to
try to solicit help in those areas?

Thanks, Bob