[aprssig] Golden Packet Attemt in 2 weeks!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 8 10:34:37 EDT 2011

Drive (hike) to the top of an APRS mountain next weekend, Sunday 24 July,
noon to 4 PM and join the annual Golden Packet attempt.

* See http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html for east coast
* or http://aprs.org/pct-golden-packet.html for west coast

We need you with your D700 to drive/hike to the top of some of the highest
mountains in the USA and set up as a portable APRS digipeater to see if we
can link a Golden Packet across thousands of miles.

There is an attempt along the Appalachian Trail from Alabama to Maine and
along the Pacific Crest trail from San Diego to Seattle.  Good portable
stations are needed on many mountain tops!  See the above web page for the
planning.

IN particular we need stations in the East:
* MT Washington
* Mt Greylock,
* Central Maine,
* Mid NH area,
* Georgia,
* Huntsville,
* Lookout Mountain TN
* and more?

Out west we need:
* Seattle
* Washington State
* Oregon
* Northern California,
* Bay area
* SoCal
* San Diego
* and More

I'm updating those pages as we speak, so tune in daily to see progress.
Less than 2 weeks to go!

Not just any mountain, these mountains have been carefully chosen to provide
nearly 100 mile range in both directions with clear shots across valleys to
the next site in the Chain.

Bob, Wb4APR