[aprssig] APRSISCE Runs on Desktops!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Jan 25 07:53:34 EST 2011

My goal is to replace the "must have" APRS functions of UI-View with
equivalent, but probably not identical, implementations.   I haven't
checked recently, but I believe I'm pretty close on that mark, at least
if you exclude the Add-Ons.

Check out my ToDo list at the bottom of the release notes in the Files
section of the APRSISCE Yahoo group.  If you see something that isn't in
the client nor on the ToDo list, ask away!

I ran UI-View for about a week well over a year ago before deciding to
launch off on this development effort.  I removed it and haven't run it
since to keep myself away from the temptation to simply re-implement
what was done before.  I'm trying to take a fresh approach, so if you
want a UI-View feature, you better be ready to describe the data source
and the use of that data, not simply say "I want UI-Traffic".  I have no
idea what the latter is and have no plans to just implement a clone.