[aprssig] GPS possible disruption SE US Jan 20 - Feb 22

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Jan 20 12:03:52 EST 2011

But with a jammer, the receiver knows they don't have a fix and
something's up.  I'm more thinking an experimental scrambler/offsetter
that allows GPS receivers within the cone of influence to arrive at a
solution based on the received signals and generate fix, but they really
aren't at the location the fix describes.  And the GPS consumer won't
know that they're being mis-lead (literally!).

mwbesemer at cox.net wrote:
> Nope... you're thinking about it from the wrong angle.
>
> Ever heard of a GPS Jammer?
>
> Mike
> WM4B
>

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
>
>> It sounds like a transmitter at 40,000ft that might be a "relay" of
>> existing GPS data.  Perhaps they are trying to figure out how to make
>> GPS work on the ground in cities with tall buildings?
>>
>> Gregg
>> w5GGW
>>
>> On 1/20/2011 9:15 AM, Earl Needham wrote:
>>> I'm just wondering what they're doing that might disrupt GPS...
>>>
>>> Vy 7 3
>>> Earl
>>> KD5XB

>>> from the Coast Guard: ZUT Posted via Blackberry

>>> 2 - Degrees,  Minutes.decimal