[aprssig] Balloon Tracking Question

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Feb 26 13:11:42 EST 2011

In some cases it might be ok to use

You could SMS it once it has landed to see where it is

The reason they dont want you to use them up high is it confuses the network

Most mobile networks are cellular. They rely on the device being down and
low

If you start seeing more of the network than you should, you start to get
lots of handovers etc

Helicopters are a classic example.

They give them a UHF to phone patch in some cases.