[aprssig] 9600 APRS net experiment in Central NJ

Wayne Sanderson whsander at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 18:18:19 EST 2011

>I have a spare PC, a spare 2 Meter HT with standard speaker and mic
>jacks, a small cigarette packet sized TNC that will do KISS and AX25,
>a spare D700 and a D7AG that is now a backup since I got my D72 the
>other day (Yowiee!- I love the thing!) I propose to do the following:
>1- Connect the pocket TNC to the spare HT and use it to connect to the
>main APRS channel. I expect that the radio will be low powered enough
>on TX and deaf enough on receive with a rubber duck antenna that it
>will hit and hear only the closest digi.

Now that I am looking at the thing, I realize I can connect the speaker/mic
TNC leads to the TH-D7A(G) through those jacks and forget the spare HT.
Anyone run digital on both sides of a Kenwood this way? (Radio hooked
to PC in packet mode, Internal TNC on one band at 9600, external TNC
through jacks on the other band at 1200)