[aprssig] APRIS-IS code question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Feb 24 19:51:21 EST 2011

If you mean APRS-IS password, yes, the password is based on your
callsign and MUST be the same for all of your stations.

If you mean -SSID, "can", yes, "should" absolutely NOT.  You should use
a unique -SSID for each program and/or independently operating hardware
device that has the potential to be used at the same time.  This will
enhance diagnosticability if something goes worng because you'll know
which station is having issues, but it also eliminates the possibility
of a ping-ponging position if two (or more) stations sharing a single
-SSID are operated from two locations at the same time.