[aprssig] MultiLine Weather Object parsing

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Feb 23 13:19:03 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:34:22PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ldeffenb at homeside.to> flavor, containing:
> I'm having trouble decoding a MultiLine weather object from WXSVR-AU,
> specifically the following (Skip half way down for my actual question):
>
> CWSBFU>APRS,qAS,WXSVR-AU:;CWS0515zA*250515z3226.08S/14834.20E:
> }05DEBRNWYXPLDE{N5FAA

<SNIP>

> Is there any other APRS client application that actually interprets and
> displays MultiLine objects like these?

Xastir would reject that string.  If it finds " }" in the comment, it then
checks that the next two characters are a lower case letter then a digit.
characters between the right and left braces is it recognized as a multline
object and is decoding attempted.

If WXSVR-AU is intending this to be a multiline string, they have something
broken in the program that produces it.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."