[aprssig] Best Buy 8" Insignia Infocast

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Feb 21 21:25:39 EST 2011

You had a 5055 in your car?  That's just just "kinda big", that's a
brute!  It's a Windows machine with a built-in touch-screen designed to
be mounted on a forklift in an industrial environment.  Hitting normal
windows menus and such on that screen isn't difficult at all.  640x480
stretched over, what was it? 9 inches diagonal maybe? makes the font big
enough to read and the menus large enough to hit, nearly even with a
gloved hand.

How in the world did you mount that in a car?  The thing must weigh in
at 20 pounds (ok, that's probably an exaggeration, but not by much).