[aprssig] Best Buy 8" Insignia Infocast

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:51:11 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:
> On 2/21/2011 9:54 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Xastir IS native to Linux, but it too suffers from the dense pull-down
>>> menu problem and would be very difficult to use on a tablet without a major
>>> rewrite to a "tablet edition" with big buttons.
>>
>> However it has been run on a touch-screen computer, years ago, in my Jeep.
>>  I did some tweaks to allow some sorts of operations to be easier.  It isn't
>> super-easy to use with a touch-screen interface, but it can be done.

I ran it in this mode.  It seemed to me most of the problems were more
the fact it's a typical X11 application that assumes a 3 button mouse
than anything else.  Curt's changes for low-res operation made the low
resolution screen less painful than one might think.

I didn't have drivers for the touch screen device, so I didn't run it
for very long.

-Jason
kg4wsv