[aprssig] Garmin NUVI & messaging?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Feb 15 23:15:48 EST 2011

The fleet management functions are hidden in the unit.  If you hook it
up to a Tracker2, it'll turn on FMI mode and you'll get a 'dispatch'
menu, which includes messaging.

For the D700 you'd be using the GTRANS cable, though, which doesn't
enable FMI mode and just uses the same connection to get position data
and send waypoints.

Scott
N1VG