[aprssig] SSn-N Coordination

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 15 10:49:26 EST 2011

> You could program a digi to respond to both PA and WPA.
> I know the population density varies dramatically from
> the southeast corner to the west, but I just can't
> understand segmenting the state.

I know it does sound arbitrary for such demographic boundaries, but after a
lot of thought, I realized that all large ORGANIZED amateur radio
communications groups are organized around their ARRL sections which are
themselves organized around the governmental areas they serve.

(Maybe not all, but certainly the majority).  So as a first-order cut, it
seemed like the obvious initial boundaries.  It gives those existing
organizations a way to communicate within the areas they serve.  This does
not prohibit the formation of other regions to meet any area's needs of c
ourse.

Bob, Wb4APR