[aprssig] Garmin NUVI & messaging?

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 19:01:22 EST 2011

Since this came up please allow me one more question about this combo.
I have the Nuvi 350 and FMI cable from Argent.
I have seen video I think it was on utube that shows that you can send messages from the Nuvi350 and not the D700 keypad.
Is there a firmware version different from my unit possibly for say a fleet on trucks to communicate with the home office?
I am thinking my unit is likely a private consumer version.

Thanks in advance,
Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/