[aprssig] Setting up a KPC-3+ as a tracker

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Wed Feb 9 12:46:35 EST 2011

This is explained in the manual, under Modes of operation,
http://www.kantronics.com/documents/kpc-3plus_manual_RevD.pdf
starting on Page 93. "GPS NMEA Interfacing"

Using the 9-pin Radio port for the GPS receiver is done leaving the TNC set
with INTFACE TERMINAL (and GPSPORT not 0).  But using the 25-pin serial port
instead, the TNC is put into INTFACE GPS (and GPSPORT is 0).   Even in GPS
mode (INTFACE GPS), TNC commands can still be adjusted using another packet
station over the air with the TNC's Remote Access (MYRemote and RText)
features.
Hope so, anyway.
73, Cap KE6AFE