[aprssig] GPS QRM

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 11:40:40 EST 2011

Welcome to the world of politics.

Someone probably has a "funny" handshake, or a good slush fund, to
pursuade your regulators to allow that.

Bit like our so called "regulator" here in the UK (Ofcom) and the PLT
stupidity on HF (and now up to 300MHz!)

No doubt if asked, our lot (Ofocm again) will also allow them to do just
the same here and in the EU, where Nokia after all are based.

As to who needs that ammount of mobile bandwidth.  Most of the iPhone
users, if you ask them.

Have Fun.

Dave G0WBX.

PS:  What frequencies is the Russian GLONAS system on, and anyone got any
consumer grade receivers?