[aprssig] NMEA ISSUE HELP

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Sat Feb 5 20:54:58 EST 2011

Thanks for the help everyone.
I looked up some NMEA specs and marine devices are supposed to have
opto-isolators on the input side. The VHF must have one, because it reads
the data fine.
So I need one of those for the TT2 maybe? Is there a circuit around for
this.
I looked up this device you mentioned
(http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/maxim/MAX220-MAX249.pdf)
Do these invert the GPS output? AFAIK, I don't need it inverted, just more
voltage.
Thanks!

Joe Della Barba
joe at dellabarba.com