[aprssig] NMEA ISSUE HELP

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Feb 5 19:54:37 EST 2011

Thank you Stephen,

I own several GPS-18's and I have never done a fan out on the data

This is interesting to know.

Given that the GPS is TTL type logic, can u suggest a TTL style chip apart
from optos, that might be able to provide say 8 streams of "repeated" NMEA
TTL data ?

We strike this all the time at work - there is "true" RS232 and there is
"suido" RS232

Real RS232 swings the plus and negative volts

Fake RS232 swings just high enough to trick the device into a high.

The BEST way to deal with this is a scope. That is THE only way you tell
without a doubt.

- Andrew VK4TEC -