[aprssig] SSID on to-call?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Feb 4 17:27:18 EST 2011

APRS101.PDF is your friend for questions like this.  From page 16 (26 in
acrobat):

The SSID field in the Destination Address (i.e. in the 7th address byte) is
encoded as follows:
APRS Digipeater Paths in Destination Address SSID
SSID Path SSID Path
-0 Use VIA path -8 North path
-1 WIDE1-1 -9 South path
-2 WIDE2-2 -10 East path
-3 WIDE3-3 -11 West path
-4 WIDE4-4 -12 North path + WIDE
-5 WIDE5-5 -13 South path + WIDE
-6 WIDE6-6 -14 East path + WIDE
-7 WIDE7-7 -15 West path + WIDE

Now, if there's any digipeaters out there that actually have multiple
antennas with directionality is one question and whether the software
driving said multi-directional digis is actually sensitive to these
-SSIDs is yet another question...